Well, folks, it’s been another hectic week, so I’m devoting this blog entry to a simple call to action: If you’re a Prince fan in Minneapolis, I need your help!
As I’ve said before, I’d like to visit Prince’s hometown in the near future, and I’d really like some insight on the must-see Prince places. Note: I am NOT trying to invade his privacy and go to his current Minneapolis home à la Kesha, so don’t give me directions there.
I’m thinking more along the lines of the obvious landmarks, such as:
- First Avenue, the club where Prince regularly performed, and the main setting for his masterpiece movie, “Purple Rain.”
- The real Lake Minnetonka, the place where “Appolonia” (Patricia Kotera) thought she was “purifying” herself in the famous “Purple Rain” scene (Prince fans – where was that scene really shot?).
- 915 Logan Avenue, the home where Prince lived as a kid.
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church, the church that Prince has attended, and the setting for his wedding to first wife Mayte Garcia, who was recently interviewed about her upcoming reality show, “Hollywood Exes” (thanks for the tip, Dimitri).
- Central High School, Prince’s high school.
I’m really interested in meeting Minneapolis residents who remember seeing Prince and his family around town, before and after he became famous. It’d be great to chat with them about their impressions of the star.
So, Minneapolis Prince fans, if you have any tips for me, or if there are other places that I should definitely check out, please leave me a message in the comments section below, or send me a private message here!
Have a good week, and thanks for reading!